Sunday, November 16, 2014

Christmas Shopping AKA waking on hot coals.

Funny-cartoon-Christmas-shopping

Well it is that time of the year again and as much as i love Christmas and giving of gifts, stuffing stockings and so on........... I HATE GOING SHOPPING UUUGGGG.  I know ,I know  kind of an oxymoron type of thing lol.    As far back as I can remember I haven't enjoyed shopping I find it stressful to go to town and be set on shopping for pretty much any thing,  whether it be grocery shopping, clothes shopping, or house shopping it stresses me out, but the bane of my existence is shopping for the holidays with masses of people uugg,

First and foremost I absolutely hate crowds this runs in my family as several of my siblings are the same way about crowds,  I like my space and do not enjoy people brushing up against me or bumping into me,more then once Ive been standing in front of a shelf looking at a product only to have some woman come up and stand so close to me i can hear her breathing, then there is the fact people smell! Seriously I am not sure what is worse the person who's hygiene schedule is lets just say non existent or the man/woman whom seem to tripled dipped them selves in cologne/perfume that morning you can smell them five minutes before they show up, both are an assault the human kind

 I usually pick up things through out the year when I am out and about doing other errands or work on making something so that by the time things start to swing into holiday mode i am pretty close to being done. But there is inevitability a few gifts i need to pick up.  This is where my husbands love for shopping comes in handy lol,  it is so funny He loves being around people and crowds well the more the merrier for this man , he is literally the ying to my shopping yang.  The man walks into the store focused on his mission list in hand while scanning over the isles (it helps being 6'6 ) for any great deals, up and down the isles we go picking up this and that all along my Love is chatting with different whom ever he encounters often complete strangers............ or I should say strangers to me, for my love everyone is a potential friend they just haven't been introduced yet lol

So it was no surprise  that my Love and I  ended up this Saturday in Portland to pick up a gift for one of our Children at a very busy box store and then we went on to target for some stocking stuffer's (two stores is usually my limit unless there is a shot of whiskey involved then i might make a third )  so star bucks in hand big girl panties on and holding tightly to my husbands hand lol  in we go to compare prices and see if they will honor an ad via my phone (that my friend and Co Mama Dana gave me) to the tune of 70.00 dollar savings,  My husband reads all the spect's on the said item (something I wouldn't thought to do) while chatting with sales person AKA new friend lol making sure that it has all the same qualities of the product we had spent the day looking for, after a time of chatting with various people and research we did make the purchase.

I find it funny with my disdain for shopping that i have a daughter that lives for it, i mean this child would love to shop everyday. She at least has gotten one shopping trait from her mama she doesn't pay full price  Hummm .....................maybe i can bribe her with star bucks to go stocking stuffer shopping for me for her brothers...................................LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment