Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Christmas Carol


                                                        

One of the great things about Christmas is................................. Christmas Movies !!!!!!! My all time favorite Christmas Movie is the Christmas Carol which i several versions, I actually collect the movies and books, Now i love a lot of different Christmas movies and have several different types, Elf, White Christmas, its a wonderful life, a Muppet Christmas Carol, A Christmas story, Miracle on 34th street 1947 & 1994,  Santa clause, the nightmare before Christmas, National Lampoon Christmas vacation, how the Grinch stole Christmas, Jingle all the way, The polar express, etc.

Back to the Christmas carol it is hands down my one of my favorite's,  Jim Carey The Grinch close second, I love how someone who is so lost so low that you doubt his his very humanity can be brought back from the edge of destruction, redeemed if you will. ( the Alistair Sims version actually talks of redemption and the son of God) There is just something about people getting second chances, rising from the ashes  like a phoenix becoming whole again.
I have watched the George C Scott Christmas Carol so much that I now look at the back ground while it is playing looking at the books on the shelves and various other props, even people walking around in the back ground, how the rooms are decorated and so on to.get a better feel for the era in which the movie is set in.
At one point in my life my children and Kevin had banned me from watching Christmas shows until the day after thanksgiving ( I may or my not have watched them a lot lol) now i watch them all year long especially if it has been a bad week or a particularly difficult time as the always lift my spirits.

I now have a Grinch partner which is really nice as I haven't had Christmas movie partners since Sarah & Wendy grew up had children and got married, I used to love it when my Girls would snuggle up on the couches with hot coffee and start our Christmas Movie marathon.
My Grand Baby Tink is a huge fan of everything Grinchy and we watch it several times a month often with a stuffed Grinch in the bed with us as we snuggle together to watch our green friend.
This year I find my self in a quandary all my movies accept the Grinch are packed away in preparing to sell our house so i am with out all my Christmas shows. Hummmmmmm Might have to order a few in DVD since all my original are in VHS. Seem's reasonable to me.
         
                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment