Sunday, October 19, 2014

Cooking for one

I have wanted to try this for a long time so here we go, no one but me at this time lol.

I am sitting in the house alone as i haven't been well :-( so needless to say im not out on this beautiful day. It is time for diner and i was pondering what to have ( not big on cooking) usually if its just me its a hot dog or a sandwich as it seems weird to cook for 1,  you see  I grew up on a small family farm in Castle rock Washington with 6 of my 9 siblings both parents working to keep us clothed and fed so cooking often fell on  my younger sister Pattie and I.  Not like the cooking most people do now days but everything from scratch and most often raised or grown on the farm, everything from farm fresh eggs to wonderful jersey cow milk (yes there is a difference lol)   so you could say i have been cooking a while. When i was 19  i married and went on to have 3 birth children and two children of my heart, my husband at the time was lets just say a slightly picky eater so i was still cooking large portions but with less variety. Later on I was very involved in cooking at our church often for large crowed's and really just got burned out.  Now i find myself older children grown husband away at work and there is just me so often................ which brought me to this point and Epiphany as some would say........... I used to love to cook and i love amazing food, i am sick of fast food & packaged food and it has dawned on me one person is no less important then 100 to cook for so with that i think at the ripe middle age of 54 I am going to start cooking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment